Monday, June 27, 2011

Emotional eater buys new tv and spray paints everything cream.

So it's been proven.  Beyond a reasonable doubt.  I, my friends, am an emotional eater.  Not that I didn't think it before, but I was more just assuming I was because I'm a pretty emotional person.  Well, Saturday morning I proved it to myself.  Not on purpose mind you, but it was a startling epiphany!  I was at Denny's (they have my favorite breakfast sandwich!) with my friend Sam and we were sitting quietly eating our respective breakfasts when I stopped myself and realized what was happening.  I was sitting in the bench leaned forward, WOLFING down my sandwich... and thinking about someone who I STRONGLY dislike and who has been a major asshole/bitch to me in the last little while... and the angrier I got, the faster I was eating... I stopped when I realized that half my sandwich was gone.  Given this very difficult time in my life, I think it would be best for me to spend some time paying attention to my thoughts and actions while I'm eating.  And to make sure that I'm eating very healthy things... at least then if I go into a food shovelling coma, what I'm shovelling in there should be healthy!
In other probably not that interesting news, Pat is moving out tomorrow.  There is a LOT left to pack, which is alarming for me, but there's nothing I can or will do about that.  We've both known this day was coming for six weeks and I have too much on my plate keeping myself sane, without worrying about how I'm going to make packing happen. 
I'm really enjoying my new desk area that I made on Saturday.  It's perfect and it keeps me more focused when I'm on the computer.  I've never really liked the idea of being able to sit in the living room and watch tv with my computer on my lap.  OH!  Speaking of TV!  I bought one!  Not just any one.  A 40" Toshiba flat screen HD TV!  I decided that I wanted Pat to take his Sony tube tv with him when he left because it is big and heavy and I didn't want to have to try and find a way to get rid of it myself.  I don't think I can lift it and since I don't really watch television anyway, I thought that I'd be okay without a tv for a while.  Then I went down to the electronics store that is literally down the street from my house and found that they were having a huge 'half way to boxing day' sale and I got the TV for $500!
Tonight before I go home from work I'm going to go and buy a few cans of cream spray paint and some hinges for the cabinet outside.  I've decided to spray paint the entire thing cream instead of painting the body green.  I'd like to at least get the doors done in the next day or so because I need to lend out my staple gun.
That's pretty much the update for me...

1 comments:

Glenda said...

ooo! a fancy TV - very nice! :) Can you connect your laptop to the TV, by any chance? (you might need some fancy cables) Several of the channels show their popular shows on the internet, and between that and a Netflix account, you wouldn't even need to have cable! :)

Followers