Saturday, June 25, 2011

With or without him!

Henri wasn't around when it was time to leave this morning, so he missed out on the adventure.  That's okay tho, because what I realized was that he was preparing a surprise for me when I got home and really, who doesn't like surprises!

First, Henri went to the storage locker in Richmond and got the table top and adjustable legs and brought them back to the house.  He found the tools, put the legs on and then rearranged the kitchen just so.  He knew I really wanted a desk area for my computer and this is what he came up with:

Those colored glass objects are antique hydro insulators that my dad collects and he gave me these ones.  I love the colors and love that they're something that reminds me of him :)
Henri also found himself a nice spot to make sure he's always in on the action.

When I came home and found that he had done such a lovely job, I was motivated to do a project also.  In the above picture you can see that the butcher block island has a shelf underneath.  When you're sitting on the knitting sofa on the other side of the room, you can see all the storage stuff.  I had just happened to be at the fabric store getting broadcloth for my new duvet (#2) and happened upon this really pretty 'paisley inspired) coated canvas.  So I used it to wrap the front end of the island with so that you can only see the cereal storage from the kitchen side.
Henri says he approves!
I also spent some time cleaning the window (I even took the screen out and cleaned both sides!) and then took all the new duvet fabric to the laundromat for the preshrinking treatment.  I guess in a way it was fortunate that I accidentally buried my sewing machine when I was moving things around the other day.  You really should preshrink and wash everything before you sew!

That's all for now.  I can't decide if I should go buy spray paint or take a nap.

0 comments:

Followers