Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday

GOOD MORNING!
 
It's (was) a beautiful morning in Vancouver!  I got up at 6:45am and my prisms in the living room window (why yes, I am trying to be a hippy!) were casting gorgeous vivid rainbows all over the walls!  Mr Fluffypants was curled on the bed in a beam of warm sunlight... What a lovely way to wake up!
 
It's not as gorgeous now... it's overcast but about 20 degrees (68F) and it's not raining.  Summer might be trying to bust in... I keep reading about heatwaves in other places and people trying to cope with sleeping in the heat and hydrating enough... and it seems weird to me until I remember that it's 3/4 of the way through June and it's been shit weather here until yesterday.
 
So, for all you cat people out there, I have a question.  As you know, Mr. Fluffypants used to be an indoor/outdoor cat.  He had free reign to come and go as he pleased and he was usually pretty happy.  Then we moved to the new apartment and he got his tummy sickness... then he recovered and he seemed pretty happy.  We played, he ate and drank and used the litter box... He seemed to be a bit whinier than he ever was before but nothing too serious.
 
NOW??  He's the biggest crybaby EVER!  Seriously... he meows and cries and carries on... he paws at me constantly if I'm not standing up or moving around... If the pawing doesn't work, he tries biting... He's still eating and drinking and using the litter box and doing all his happy cat stuff, but the crying is getting to me...
 
Having never had a cat before, I'm not sure... is it just that he's a loud and needy cat?  Are there cats out there that are just really loud and chatty?  For five years I barely heard him meow and now he doesn't stop meowing...It does seem a bit worse since I fixed the windows and now we can open them so he can smell outside...
 
Nothing else really exciting going on... I'm investigating a volunteer opportunity that has been on my mind for a while now (well years really), but until I find out the details, you'll all just have to wait and see ;)

0 comments:

Followers