Friday, February 17, 2012

This and That

Not very much interesting has happened this week... I spent one day in my bed with a terrible headache... feeling a bit better now, but sure glad it's the weekend!
I went on my Valentine's date with Sam and we had a lot of fun!  We went to Cupcakes for some treats and a before dinner appetizer.  Yes, all they serve is cupcakes, so yes, we ate cupcakes for an appetizer!  I only ate the top of mine and gave the cake part to Sam... Mine was the Diva... yummy!

 
Our next stop was a visit with some friends that I haven't seen in about 7 years... apparently one of them didn't recognize me because I didn't have long hair???  I can't even remember when the last time I had long hair was...
Then we went to Save On Meats for dinner.  It was really delicious.  Not exactly fancy restaurant faire, but very cool ambiance (we sat at the bar) and very friendly staff and good food.  What more can you ask for?  Plus, their mandate is really to help the community as much as they can.  Their location is in the heart of the famous Downtown East Side and the inhabitants for the most part are folks pretty down on their luck.  The fact that they can come in and get good healthy fresh food for $5 a plate is fantastic!  They have a butcher shop on the other side of their shop and that also sells affordable meat and other grocery products so the less fortunate residents can have a good meal!
 
 
Afterwards we went to Little Sisters Bookstore to buy Valentine's day cards... I found a totally hilarious line of cards that I resisted buying every one of them... with the intent to look up the company online... I think the Bailey's milkshake I had with dinner went to my head because I didn't write it down or take a picture... so... Fail... :(
 
 
Nothing much else to report.  I started a new sweater and it's actually going really well.  I'm mostly done the yoke (3 rows to go) and then I can separate for the sleeves... so exciting because that means I can put it on!
 
This weekend I'm going to work on my relationship with Stevie the TV and get to know Lofa the Sofa a bit better ;)
 
And here's a picture of what I see on the wall in my bathroom every morning.  How can you not smile!
 

0 comments:

Followers