Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Things I don't understand.

Thing #1:  Alcohol.  Okay, I actually UNDERSTAND alcohol.  It's yummy.  What I don't understand is why I was driving home from work yesterday and I had an overwhelming urge to consume alcohol.  At the time, I didn't even think 'one beer' or 'one JD and coke'.  I thought 'A.L.C.O.H.O.L.!!!'.  So what I don't understand is why a person such as myself that rarely drinks, would find it necessary to take repreive in alcohol!  I did drink, for the record.  I had 2 Granville Island Raspberry Ales.  Kind of an odd beer and difficult to drink more than that in one sitting.  HOWEVER, I know... I KNOW! that if I had been drinking something different... JD and coke, more standard beer, I would have drank more.  What the hell is up with that? 
Thing #2: Hockey!  LOL... okay, calm down!  Again, I actually have an acute understanding of hockey.  I know what constitutes a penalty, what icing and offside are and most of the ins and outs of the game.  What I do not understand is other people as related to hockey.  I've been a hockey fan for about 25 years... My team has never won the Holy Grail of hockey, the Stanley Cup.  Up until yesterday, it had been 17 years since we even got close enough to have a shot at it.  Now, that doesn't mean that SOMEONE didn't win.  In the last 25 years, the cup has been handed out 25 times.  And every time, I say 'Oh, good for them'.  So what I don't understand is people getting on Facebook and saying things like 'If Vancouver wins, I'll blow my head off'.  I get that you'd probably rather your team won, but at the present, there are only three teams left in the running and I would bet dollars to donuts that the guy that made that statement has a team that has been out of contention for a while.  Why the animosity?  Why can't you be happy (or even neutral!) about it?  How about cheering for good play and the love of the game?  Why are people so angry about our specific team?  We've worked hard for this and win or lose, they sure as hell deserve to be right where they are!
Thing #3: Bad Attitudes.  Yup... don't understand them.  I know that everyone processes things in their life quite differently.  It's an amazing thing because ten different people presented with the exact same situation will process and understand it differently!  However, what I don't understand is the constant 'bad mood'.  Everyone has shit going on it their lives.  I've just broken up an almost 5 year relationship.  It's shit alright!  What I don't do however, is put my anger, disappointment, bad mood and terrible attitude onto the people around me.  In fact, I don't even claim ownership to those last two things.  Bad mood?  No.  Terrible attitude?  No.  I don't see the point.  Yes, I'm terribly sad and confused and disappointed.  Does that mean that I can bite the heads off my co-workers or scream at someone in a grocery store?  No.  So while I may be more well adjusted than some people, I just don't understand the bad attitude.  The fact that people take their bad day, bad attitude, bad mood out on me.  It's mean and it's unnecessary!
Thing #4: Things you know are good for you.  I understand them.  I just don't understand why it's so difficult to do what's best for your mind and body and easier to do things that are not so good.  Coffee instead of water?  Couch instead of excersise?  Carbs instead of Veg?  Yes... why is that such a difficult (and yet so easy!) choice to make??

0 comments:

Followers