Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bleurgh!

I don't really know what to write in this space.  I have snippets flying around in my head right now but the second I go to try and wrangle them into some sort of sense, they fly away again into a jumbled mess.
I guess since I can't figure out a way to talk about my situation without sounding stupid, I could talk about knitting!
 
I picked up my Alpaca Tarp again... I think the problem with it is that the pattern is not very intuitive in certain spots.  As you decrease the leaves, it makes total sense, but there's a weird zig zag line that goes throughout the whole thing that keeps throwing me off!  I do love it tho and I can't wait for it to be done.  It'll probably be too big and too hot to wear now, but winter will come around again and I can always  wear it in the house or out on cool summer nights.  I'm second guessing my sweater now.  Not because I dont' love it and don't think that I deserve it but because now that my situation has changed, I really feel that there are other big changes coming about, including getting back into better shape.  Not to say that I'm going to wait to knit the sweater until I reach some magical size, but just that I don't think knitting it in the biggest size right now is very smart when change is coming.  At the very least, it's still OTN and I am just going to put it aside for the time being and see how things shake out.
 
Being that I don't have a single other project on the needles (besides the blankie, and we're just not talking about that!) I think I'm going to cast on for a Multnomah out of either the Rayon that I bought in Tucson, or the MadelineTosh Pashmina that is languishing in my stash right now.  OR!  I could cast on the storm cloud shawlette out of Kangaroo Dyer's gorgeous yarn.  Hmmm... May do that... since it's a cute and different shape than the alpaca tarp!  And now I'm completely wrong because I also have my Schoppel Wolle Crazy Zauberball 6ply ribbed scarf on the needles... that will probably come to work and hang out here... It'll be cute when it's done and I think I might give it to the shop for a sample.  I'm sort of running out of room to store the stuff and it's becoming a bit ridiculous how many finished thingies I have!
 
That's all I have for now.  The Canucks play tonight and I'm going to be knitting on the Alpaca Tarp and screaming at the television!  Doesn't that sound like FUN?

1 comments:

Tara said...

In fact it sounds very therapeutic. Enjoy your evening.

Followers