Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saltwater Taffy and the Silver Lining

This remains one of my favorite things to knit.  It's super easy, requires little to no concentration and when you're done (which happens all of a sudden), you have a gorgeous lacy wrap.
Cast on repeats of 18 + 2 (so I cast on 56 stitches for three repeats and two edge stitches).
Knit a couple rows of garter and then begin pattern:
Row 1: K1 *(k2tog) 3 times, (yo,k1), six times, (k2tog) 3 times, repeat from * until one stitch left, k1
Row 2: K
Row 3: K
Row 4: P

Repeat these four rows until you've reached the length you like (I did about 80 repeats) and then do a matching number of garter rows to the beginning and bind off.  Block HARSHLY to get the full lacy effect.



This last picture makes me hungry!  It looks so yummy!

And as promised a better picture of the Silver Lining neck warmer I made.

0 comments:

Followers