Monday, May 16, 2011

All my riches for....

Here's the shawl that I finished in record time.  In fact I'm convinced that it probably must have knit a huge portion of it independently!

One skein of merino and silk/merino and one skein of gray merino and a few fluffs of angelina, spun up by the owner of Grandma's Spinning Wheel in Arizona.

This was inspired by the Mara shawl, but the mods mean that it's not REALLY a Mara shawl.
I did mine in stockinette instead of garter, changed the increases in the ribbing section, knit it out of bulkier wool and did less of a ribbed border than the original calls for.
Here are a whole heap of pictures for your viewing pleasure!  Sorry the gray was so over exposed. 







1 comments:

Glenda said...

Its SO PURDY! and I'm so glad its coming to live with me later this week! ;)

Followers