Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Impulsive!

I'm sitting here in a tattoo studio waiting for my consultation for my new tattoo. I've wanted another tattoo since my last one healed 15 years ago. I always knew I would feel it when it was time. I never wanted to just pick a design out of a book or choose a random place on my body that seemed like a good tattoo spot. So I waited. A long time. And as I knew would happen, I had the feeling.

I thought about waiting until the 'time was right'. I thought that doing something awesome like a tattoo should be done at the perfect time. Much like I thought I should wait to knit a sweater until I was the perfect size. As we have now discovered, there is no perfect size. And there is no perfect time.  Such a time does not exist in life.  The only thing that exists is the time that is now.

Tattoos can be used to celebrate milestones, grieve the loss of loved ones or inspire you as you move through life... among many MANY other reasons... the reason to get a tattoo is as unique as the person getting it. 

So!  Thursday at 5pm, I am getting a new tattoo.  I've thought about it, mulled it, asked for advice and input and now it's happening.  I'm so excited, I can't wait!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! You move fast! Did you go to Darkday?

P'cess said...

LOL... well I've been thinking about it for quite a while so it only seems fast! I did go and Bryan is going to do it for me. He's lovely and yes, cute! He also said he was so glad to have heard from you!

Followers