Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was my best birthday ever!  Well, maybe not ever, I don't remember many of my little kid birthdays but in the last few years, by far the best day!
It started on Saturday, which was the day before my birthday.  My friend and I went down to the Button store (shocking, I know!) and played with the bin of buttons for a while and then went over to the discount fabric store next door and planned out some fabric for her to make a couple of skirts. 
We hit up the grocery store for some last minute baking ingredients and then we were off to home where we ate the world's supply of macaroni and cheese (bought from a gourmet cheese shop and consisting of emmental, guyere and something else... so delish!).  Our baking didn't exactly turn out... It's supposed to be a log and it looks like this:

Needless to say, we are not serving this at the work party this afternoon!
After our baking misadventure, we watched Elf on tv and then I went home.

On Sunday morning I was up with the birds at 6:20am.  I may have woken up my sister by sending text message at that hour!

At ten my two friends came over and we headed out to Coquitlam for a birthday breakfast with my mom, grandparents, sister, her man and the three of us.  It was very enjoyable. 

And then the birthday adventure began.  Sam and Kathleen and I decided to go to Horseshoe Bay for icecream.





We came home and had Red Robin for dinner and looked at pictures... the kitty wasn't used to us having company and not having his couch snuggle time so he made do and fell asleep on the counter... on the Red Robin take out bag.

We were in bed by 930... best. day. ever!

1 comments:

Kat said...

I really enjoyed the entire day. You're such an awesome friend and it makes me happy that your bday was such a fun day for you! You deserve it! Love you!!!
Xoxo

Followers