Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blast from the Past

Ever had someone describe you to... well you?  It's interesting, funny and inspiring.  This is from over three years ago when we failed at attempting to share a blog, but it pops into my head often, so I thought I'd spend some time digging it up and replicate it here for you. We wrote eachothers bio's.  If you want to read about the wonder that is 'Shanny', she's Fitty vs Fatty on the sidebar. 

*************************************************
PRINCESS DARCY
Darcy is a princess.  No doubt about it.  She’s everything a princess should be; smart, strong, beautiful and fearless.  She doesn’t spend too much time worrying about what other people think.  She knows that it’s up to her to create her own happiness and she does it with flourish and vigor. 
Princess Darcy has a soft spot for firefighters, teddybears and all things army.  She’s athletic and driven but she still knows how to have a good time and does so as often as she can.  She’s honest and caring and will tell you exactly what she thinks even if you don’t want to hear it because she only wants what’s best for you.  She’s exciteable and emotional and funny.  Her take on things can be dry and cynical but incredibly hilarious!
My sister and I can laugh at everything and nothing until we can’t breathe.  We solve problems well together and I know that she will be there to back me up 100% of the time.  She knows my flaws and faults and she loves me anyway.
My sister is many of the things that I strive to be.  She’s my heart, the other half of me.  They say that twins have a connection, I don’t know if that’s true.  I do know that her soul resonates in mine.
*******************************************************
SHANNY
I was trying to think of something that I could say about my sister that she wouldn’t be saying about me…and what I came up with is:  She takes care of me.  She’s a warm and friendly person who has never thought twice about leaving work and driving to my house while I’m sick or crying or insane.  Maybe she doesn’t like her job that much…it could be that…but I chalk it up to her being a good, kind hearted person who cares about me.  I wish she was able to say that about me, but so far I’ve yet to come to her rescue, despite being rescued many times myself.
Shanny works hard at a job she sometimes likes.  She has a tendency to get on better with men than women, which is attributed to her not wanting to put up with female competetive bullshit.  She’s funny and witty and always makes me laugh.  She’s changed a lot in the last year.  She’s now proudly a recovering smoker, a partaker of fitness and, although this isn’t different from before, a clothes/shoe horse.
She has a great spirit and together we make one hell of a team….we may even be able to convince you, through our “twin connection” that you’ve taken holidays you don’t remember and done things you don’t actually think you would have.
Oh!and don’t bother pinching her…I can’t feel it!  We’re connected at the heart, not the skin cell!

1 comments:

Shanny said...

LOL! I had completely forgotten about that!

That's awesome, thanks for posting it!

Followers