Monday, September 10, 2012

I've Fall(en)

I think the weather has officially turned and is heading in the direction of Fall.  This makes me VERY happy.  Don't get me wrong, I do like Summer but I feel like Summer has all these expectations that Fall doesn't have.
In Summer you can't have a lazy day on the weekend because it's 'too nice out'...Summer expects constant activity, late nights, many many bottles of chilled wine, beaches and laying out.  Summer expects bbq's and picnics and every manner of social life.  That's not to say that I don't like these things, but the expectations of Summer can get onerous...
 
Fall is layed back.  Fall expects you to relax.  Fall expects cool walks and bags of apples.  It expects dusted off crockpots and hearty warm meals.  It gives a few very warm days to remind you of Summer but without the expectation of removing almost all your clothes and laying out.  It expects some lazy days in preparation for hibernation.  Fall is a chilled out, calmed down version of Summer.  I feel like it's the only season that only wants whatever is best for your mental health.  Winter is harsh and while it has few expectations, it is a slave driver... it's a beast that pushes your limits.  Spring has even higher expectations than Summer.  After surviving the abuse of Winter, Spring expects you to come out of hibernation a new and refreshed being... and expects you to worship it's warmer weather and summer-like moments more than Summer.
 
That being said, I'm quite ready to let myself get enveloped in Fall.  For its gorgeous colors to inspire me and calm me.  To walk in it's crisp air and indulge in the bounty of the harvest!  I. CAN'T. WAIT!
 
I'm madly knitting my Winter 12/13 collection of accessories to keep me warm in the winter... I've got three hats and another one waiting in the wings.  Three shawl/cowls and a pair of elbow length alpaca gloves.  Just taking a time out from my collection to knit a hat for a friend... I don't think I've actually given away any knit wear this year yet, so it's about time... the year is almost up.  I'm almost thinking also of pulling out all my old winter wear that I've knit and see if any of it can be sold... or given away maybe.  It's silly to hold on to so many hats when every year I make more...

2 comments:

Tara said...

OH AMEN to this post! I am in love with Fall and just wish it would hurry the hell up so I can chill out!

Shannon said...

I also love this post, it's how I feel about fall as well!

And as far as hat sharing, I agree! Put what you're willing to part with up for "sale" to me!

Followers