Monday, September 17, 2012

Give me a CUPCAKE!

You know what I want to do?
I want to go to Cupcakes and buy two dozen cupcakes and eat them all.  I want to go to McDonalds and eat one of everything and five orders of french fries...
Croissants, donuts, sandwiches...  Tuna Noodle Casserole, Breaded Lemon Chicken and a giant pie, no cake... NO BOTH! for dessert... and by dessert, I mean whatever I eat right before I eat grilled cheese sandwiches and oreos until I puke...
 
What the fuck is wrong with me?
 
I'm not going to do any of this because it's not healthy, it's not reasonable and I don't have that much money...
 
I'm a responsible adult that knows that all of those things, in such great quantity and especially TOGETHER are going to make me feel like a big gigantic piece of crap.
 
Part of me doesn't care.  Part of me thinks that I have been doing this grain/lentil free thing for almost two months and I've seen very little results except for an uptick in my awesome cooking abilities and a downtick in upset stomach and sudden poo-explosions...
 
I want cupcakes and cream cheese icing.  And I want to not care when I eat it....
 
HELP ME!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Holy Christ. Ok, settle down, that's a mad carb craving you have going there!

Obv you're not going to eat any of those things because you know how toxic that they are, individually let alone in a big binge like that.

Tink of the sugar straight to your blood stream, the instant inflammation to your intestines and how none of that is fair to your body.

I suspect, based on an earlier post of yours where you'd said you were still eating ice cream, dark chocolate and alcohol, that your recent endeavor to start Whole30 started a big carb withdrawal for you.

Since you KNOW that this is the right way to ear and you KNOW that you have the pounds to lose, you have to assess and reassess and constantly modify what you're doing in order to find hat works best for you. Not what seems to work for me or what Tara has decided to do.....what works the best for your physiology. Maybe it's higher protein and lower fat. Maybe it's elimination of dairy. Maybe it's fruit or dense carbs only before 10am.

Grain free, primal and paleo are all only guidelines, you have to find your own limits within the guidelines.

But for Chrissakes, stop the booze and sugar immediately!

I'm here if you want to chat!

Tara said...

I felt that way last week, my dear friend. I was on the edge of the edge and felt like I was ready for the damn to break - barely holding back the carb and crap cravings. I had been "carb creeping" a bit and was seriously thinking about things that would blow the doors off all of it. What I had been doing wasn't helping me lose weight (opposite) and I was frustrated and upset and depressed.

Take a moment to think this out. Reassess. Retweak. Try to find an answer that will work for you and bring you peace and contentment.

Like Shannon, I am here if you want to talk.

Followers