Monday, January 9, 2012

Medicine

I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of my feelings right now... What I never have a hard time talking about is knitting....
 
1.  I made another pair of mittens.  If by mittens, I'm referring to custom fit, thumbless, fingerless tubes... I'm not interested in thumbs... I like the feeling of just having an extra long wool sleeve on... In fact, I'm sprouting a plan to make extra long wool sleeves...
 
2.  I made a definitive sweater plan... I know, I know... hard to believe since I've made two definitive sweater plans already and no sweater to show for it... But this one, this one is going to be a keeper!
 
 
3.  I'm working my way through all the wool that I wound for my trip. So far I've done two projects that were intended for the car and cast on a third.  I feel a bit stupid still for not doing it on the trip, but since it's all rolled into balls now, I'm determined to not have to wind it back up into a skein... After I do my replacement mittens, I'm going to cast on the Spud and Chloe for a hat and then I'll have finished all the stuff I wound for the trip
 
4.  I'm going to cast off/finish all my WIPs (except the teal/gray sweater... that one is on going). I don't want languishing projects hanging around...
 
5. I need to do a major cleanse/reorg of my stash.  I have a bunch of yarn that isn't in the stash in Rav, so when I go looking for ideas, it's not listed... I would like to do this in the daylight so I can properly photograph everything so probably Saturday morning.  Related to this is a need to wind a bunch of balls back into skeins... And I need to figure out how I'm going to get rid of yarn I don't want... Postage isnt' the best way because it costs a lot from Canada to anywhere... and giving it away isnt' really an option because there's some nice stuff... I will have to ruminate on that a bit...
 
6.  That's all I can give you... What I know is that when all of life seems to be conspiring against me... I always have the soft cushiness of knitting to fall back on... and there's never too many mittens in a girl's life... I'll just keep making mittens until I feel better!  Seems like a good plan to me!

0 comments:

Followers