Monday, May 4, 2009

Wake up Webby! We're back in action!

It's been a while since there's been anything too interesting to write... I've thought a few times about some funny or ridiculous things that have happened, but sort of got to lazy to write anything. I've been on the hunt for a creative outlet tho, and have found knitting to be one of those things... and then realized that part of my creative outlet in the past has been writing and I pretty much dropped that a while ago... and it's time to pick it back up.

So a quick update to get everything up to speed... since the last time I posted, we were in another country!

Got back from Singapore and launched into Christmas/Birthday planning. Lucky for me, I had started a lot of it prior to leaving, so all the cooking/baking was already done and the lists were made and ready to go. Had my 30th Birthday party the week before Christmas and then the snow started to fall and we were housebound for almost two weeks. Pat and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day by ourselves, only going out of the house to his Grandparents for dinner and then home. We even had tickets to a hockey game for the day after boxing day and we tried like heck to get there, even going so far as trying to catch the bus or skytrain but were turned away at every attempt, so we ended up at home for the duration of the holiday. We filled our time shovelling and trying to get people to stay out of our parking spots whenever we did venture away from home.
January found us having my 'birthday dinner' in New West with the family and then not much else too interesting. We hung out with my sis and her man a few times in February and March.
In April we were out for a walk on a Wednesday evening and happened into this yarn store at about 830 at night. Fate brought me to the yarn store on the only night in the week they're open late... and I immediately fell in love with the yarn and signed up for a class immediately. I'm now on my second class, have completed a scarf for Boy and a handbag for me. On the needles I have a blankie for Kitty, a scarf for me, a dishcloth and two handbags. I'm a bit of an addict, but I do enjoy actually finishing the projects as much as I enjoy starting new ones, so I plug away.
The knitting turned out to be quite fortuitous actually, because for a long time I've been wanting to join a swordfighting class that's held during the week downtown. The deterrant was that I didn't want to drive home and back again, but I didn't have anything to occupy my time between 430 and 630... now I bring knitting to work and I can stay here and relax and knit a bit before the class, head down there and then go home. It requires a lot of thinking ahead, as I have to bring all my meals for the day to work, but I don't think it should be much of a problem. I'm the kind of person that can eat the same thing over and over again and not get bored, so spinach salad and goat cheese with cranberries and a toasted sesame dressing is one meal (dinner or lunch) and either chili or egg salad on rice crackers is my other meal. Breakfast has always been eaten here, so that's not a problem.

So that's the past and the present. The future holds a trip to the cabin to see my dad on the August Long Weekend and the week following and a trip to Disneyland in September with me and Pat and potentially his sister and friend and my dad.

That's it for now...

0 comments:

Followers