Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Aspirations...

Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acquired, or just because it seems like a huge undertaking of time and dedication, most people feel they still have something to aspire to in their craft. If you don’t feel like you have any left of the mountain of learning yet to climb, say so!

Up until last week I would have said that I was wanting to learn crochet, but I did that this weekend. I think I would have to go with Cardigan. I'm not fussy about which one, but I'd really like to make a nice cardigan. Anything that might use up more than one skein of yarn... well, that's not fair I guess because I have made things that used more than one skein, but nothing really wearable. Lots of nice accessories and heirloom knitting, but I'm moving to wanting to have something amazing. I think I might try the Central Park Hoodie... I have the skills for the cabling, so that's not the problem, and I"m learning to embrace purling, which I don't cherish, but I think the thing that's going to be the stumbling block is the calculations for measurement, waist shaping, etc... I suppose part of the problem is that I'm not happy with my current body shape/weight so I don't want to make something for that body... but I know from experience that isn't a good way to get where you want to go... I'm going to make it I'm sure and then even if I lose weight (when, not if) then it will just be a snuggly oversized sweater. I was planning on making it in KP City Tweed Heavy Weight also, which will require a bit of saving...I think the thing would cost almost a hundred bux in that yarn. I guess the other thing I would want to learn would be short rows. The funny thing is that I'm saying that these things are obstacles for me, but really, everything is an obstacle before you learn how to do it. I didn't know how to knit a year ago and I learned... cables, or short rows or kitchener, or 3 needle bind off can't be any harder than learing to knit from scratch because they're all things done one stitch at a time... it's just a matter of how that stitch is manipulated... and then the next and the next...



So I'd say my aspiration is to make an article of clothing. Definately doable!

1 comments:

yarnpiggy said...

Definitely do-able, says the knitter who's never knit a cardigan herself. ;o)

Followers