Friday, March 26, 2010

Holidaaaaay!

Bonjour World... why yes, I am on holidays, why do you ask? ;)

It's BEAUTIFUL here right now... cold, but beautiful!

The flight here was epic!  It's a 55 min flight at the most and it took me NINE HOURS!  Apparently the airline pilots can land in the dark, but they can't land in the fog... what I don't understand is why they wouldn't have grounded the flight on the Vancouver end instead of sending us up in the air to fly into a fog bank that was there for hours prior and for a while afterwards.  It's only a one hour flight, so its not like a ton would change between our take off and arrival... but they sent us up, circled us around and then sent us back to Vancouver.  That was 2.5 hours... then they told us that it would be 10-15 min to get our new flights for later in the day booked, but 'please don't leave the lounge area, it will only be 10 min'.  Over ONE HOUR later, they finally called us up to get our new flights... Uh, I would have liked to go to the bathroom, but since it was only '10 min' I figured I could hold it... jerks!
Anyway, they put me on the 310 flight, which landed at 425 (we took off late).  That means that since I was at the airport at 7am, I didn't get released into the non secure area of the PG airport for 9.5 hours... and then we had to drive 2 hours to get here... I was TIRED by the time we finally got here!

Got up at 730 on Thursday morning... weird!  We built a fire in the woodstove and watched Ceaser Milan for a while and then went for a long walk with the doggy where we found a deer hoof and a dead squirrel.
My dad's friend came over for a visit while my dad made strawberry apple wine and I knit.  Got TWO projects finished since I've been here!  Had a nap, had dinner and watched tv and then went to bed.  This morning we went to visit the neighbors, went to town and I had TWO naps!  Tonight for dinner we made a camp fire and made hot dogs and then ate rice krispie squares I made yesterday.  I'm now drinking tea with honey and trying to figure out how to get the smoke smell out of my clothes...

We're having turkey dinner tomorrow and pancakes and waffles (maybe or... not sure).
That is all!

0 comments:

Followers