So I've taken to calling myself the Brain Trust lately... it came from a fairly funny conversation at work with a guy that was telling me how smart I am for getting a concept that people in my office get paid twice as much as me and don't get... LOL...
Been so unbusy since I got back from my dad's that I haven't been inspired to write... Well, not entirely true... I tried starting, and I was going to make a list of things to update in point form, but it sounded stupid and unlike anything someone that wasn't me would want to read... Shall we try again?
1. The third day back from my holiday the hospital I work at caught on fire... that was a unique experience filled with many DOZENS of firefighters, as that particular building is over 100 years old, and they thought the fire was between the wood framed floors, so it was a three alarm'er
2. I finished the scarf I was working on in the last post... it blocked up quite wonderful and just under six feet long. It's kind of scratchy because I sort of accidentally felted it in the process of dyeing it, but I loves it anyway! I'm now working on the sister yarn I dyed on the same day and am making a very LOUD neckwarmer.... loud because the color is a little... um.... flourescent.
3. I've just taken up a penpal. I had a penpal once when I was much younger, but it was someone that I knew. We used to write to each other every week... so every second Thursday I'd get a letter from him and the opposite Thursday he'd get one from me... We'd write PAGES to eachother and draw pictures and tell stories... we built up an amazing friendship that way... I think he's probably a very nice person now, but I have my own reasons for not pursuing a friendship with him, regardless of how many MANY times he's bugged me on MSN and facebook!
4. I'm having a hard time emotionally with the never ending battle of weight and excersise. I'm desperately trying to figure out a way to win the battle and get motivated... that's all I'll say... unless someone has some sage advice for me.... and let's not be stupid... I used to work out every day for 90 min at an incredibly intense level and I don't need 'you'll feel better once you do it' advice... I need 'how to get my mind around my mind' advice.
5. I'm considering starting an online company to sell hand made stitch markers for knitting. You non knitters probably don't know what they are, but they're basically little earrings that you hang off your needles to mark pattern repeats... they come in MULTITUDES of different styles and options and I'm working on which ones I want to focus on. It's another nice creative outlet... I just need more time in the day.
I guess that's all for now. I'm off to take a bath and then work on the neckwarmer for a while. Pink Ink is what I've named it because I wasn't exactly successful at getting it colorfast and the pink part of the dye is leaching onto my fingers....can be rectified upon washing, but during knitting, it's kind of annoying ;)
I would like a typo better
2 hours ago